Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Monday, November 1, 2010

{Car Guys Love ‘Em: Chewy Oatmeal Cookies}


Along with non-car guys, girls, and kids too…

Last month my husband went to a car meet out of state. I sent 2 recipes of these with him. He wasn’t sure he wanted to be “that guy”. 

Know what I mean? 

The one who’s wife sends cookies. 

The weird guy.

Anyway, he got the cookies out and was like, my wife made these if anyone wants them. His buddy, that has had my baking several times, was like, heck yeah! Try them.

Long story short, a week after he got home, he was still getting emails saying the cookies were delicious.

I don’t claim cred. I didn’t invent this recipe. I just baked ‘em. 

But I baked ‘em gooooooood. ha.

This recipe is a soft oatmeal cookie. Don’t turn your nose up at it! Lots of people who have said they don’t like oatmeal cookies (including the Bean) love this.

They are soft, they are tender, they are delicious.

They are softenlicious.

Oatmeal

Look, Parchment Paper! Let me pledge my undying love right here, right now to parchment paper…

Moving on…
Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened 

      1 cup white sugar
   

      1 cup packed brown sugar
   

      2 eggs
   

      1 teaspoon vanilla extract
   

      2 cups all-purpose flour
   

      1 teaspoon baking soda
   

      1 teaspoon salt
   

      1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
   

      3 cups quick cooking oats

 

Preheat oven to 375.

Cream together the butter & the sugars. Then add dry ingredients except oats. Mix well. Then add oats. 

Or lump it all in together.

Maybe I’ve done this.. 

but you couldn’t prove it in a court of law.


Drop onto parchment lined baking sheets (c’mon you know you wanna) or greased baking sheets.
Bake for 8-10 mins. Allow to cool 5 mins before moving to cooling racks.

Eat. Nom. Enjoy.

OatmealPink
Also great with raisins or chocolate chips.

Or Butterscotch chips for Oatmeal Scotchies. mmmmm...

You’ll like ‘em. Car guy or not.

With a whisk and a dream… Tina

Original Recipe found here, on All Recipes, by Bittersweet1

4 comments:

  1. "They are softenlicious." After a description like that, you know I've gotta make these! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A photographer and a baker is a good mix, you can make the food look and taste delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love them! I like them more than the rest of the family, b/c they're not really into oatmeal. So you know what that means . . . more for me! :D

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...