Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

{Peanut Butter Buttercream}

I hear tell of people who do not enjoy peanut butter.

Though this is a very foreign concept to me, I can only assume it is true.

Try as I can, I can not understand this.

Peanut Butter is creamy. Dreamy. Goodness.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Peanut Buttery…….

PBIcing1
You know what goes great with peanut butter?

Leaving it’s side kick jelly out of the equation.

CHOCOLATE.
 
Lovely things come out of this combo.

Like Reese’s cups.

And Buckeyes

Here, however, we are talking about chocolate cake, with peanut butter icing. 

You heard me right.
Peanut Butter Icing.

Did the clouds just part and the birds begin to sing?

Yes, I think so.

Super, super simple.

You just use the basic icing recipe I posted for the Oreo Cupcakes, and add 1/2 to 3/4 creamy peanut butter to taste.

Here it is:

Peanut Butter Buttercream

2 sticks (1 cup) butter (softened, but still cold, not room temp)
4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 Cup to 3/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
pinch of salt
milk
Whip the softened butter in the mixer until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, salt. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach a nice consistency. I normally use about 4. Beat until smooth. Start by adding 1/2 cup peanut butter- add more to taste. 

Ideally, you would top these cupcakes (or cake if you are so inclined) with mini Reese’s cups. 

I had none.
Woe is me. 

PBIcing

While I think this is best on Chocolate, don’t discriminate.

Yellow loves peanut butter too.

And for those of you who don’t love peanut butter… I’m still confused. 

Luckily I have this icing to console me.

~Tina

3 comments:

  1. This icing was scrumptious! One thing I liked most was how the icing had a creamy, smooth texture...not grainy like peanut butter can be sometimes. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peanut butter and eat it by the spoonful! This sounds delicious - can't wait to try it. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...