Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

{ Pumpkin Latte For One }

Do you all know Mommy's Kitchen?

Check her out here.

The other day, on her Facebook page, she re-posted a recipe from a couple years ago.


Oh, yes, please.

I'd been planning to make this since she posted, but hadn't gotten around to it. After making my Pumpkin Juice for Hermione's birthday, however, I had pumpkin leftover, so the time was ripe.

Do it, baby.

Her recipe was for 2 servings, but I'm the only one here that drinks coffee, so I sized it down.

I tweaked it a teeny bit to my liking.

Here's what I did:

Mommy's Kitchen's Decadent Pumpkin Spice Latte (for one)

1 Level Tablespoon pumpkin puree*
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla*
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
dash of cloves
dash of ginger (my addition)
1 Cup strong coffee
2 Tablespoons Coffee Mate Creamer (I didn't use any)
2-4 teaspoons white sugar
whipped cream

*notes
*I went ahead and did a full tablespoon of pumpkin because, well,  I like pumpkin. Her original recipe calls for 1 Tablespoon for 2 servings, so pumpkin to your liking

*again, I used the full amount for the vanilla, it would actually be 1/8 teaspoon halving her recipe
 
Begin by brewing your coffee. 

In a blender puree the milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar, ginger and vanilla. 

Then pour into a saucepan, and cook until frothy. (about 5 minutes)

 Remove from heat. For each serving: Pour 1/2 cup of the pumpkin mixture into your coffee mug. 

Add a generous tablespoons of Coffee mate creamer. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, (I didn't do this) then add 1 cup of brewed coffee.

Add sugar to your liking. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Mmm... breakfast.


I think I'll whip up a big batch of the pumpkin mix ahead of time for when my friend or sister in law comes over. Then, all I'll have to do is brew, heat, enjoy!


Thanks, Tina (yes, she's a Tina too) for this yummy treat!

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Yum and look at the beautiful photo. Great job on the tweaks. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks so good, I love lattes and pumpkin flavor is wonderful for the Fall Season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina!
    You stopped by and left a sweet note on my peanut butter pumpkin post, so I came to lust after your scrumptious photos and recipes. So far, this one is my favorite! I don't know if I can wait for tomorrow morning to make this!
    Jewels

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...