Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Friday, September 23, 2011

{ Sweet 'n Sassy BBQ Sauce }




I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but the Mr. in Sugar Bean Bakers is quite a picky eater.

This is the only BBQ sauce he will eat. 

Much to my annoyance.
Not that it isn't good, because it's lick the sauce off your fingers good.

It's just that I have to make it. Every. Time.

When we were first married, I started making this sauce, however, it started with a spice blend from what, to the best of my knowledge, was from Rawleigh. A catalog of products that people used to come around and sell. Does anyone remember this? 

Wow, I feel old. I, mean, I feel like I just said the milk man delivered to our door.

Uh.. he didn't. Just to be clear.
Shockingly, that place is still in business, and has an internet site. They still sell spices, but no BBQ sauce mix.

It took me a while to figure it out, but I finally did, and for the last umpteen years, I've been making it this way.

This is a SWEET BBQ sauce, not a smokey one.

Sugar Bean's Sweet BBQ Sauce

1 cup ketchup
1-2 Tablespoons prepared mustard 
1/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
a few shakes of black pepper
water to thin

Mix together, starting with 1 tablespoon of mustard. If desired, add the 2nd tablespoon.
Thin to desired. I make mine pretty thick, and probably add only about 3 Tablespoons water.
This makes quite a large batch. Recipe is easily halved.

Then, BBQ to your delight. 
Great on chicken, ribs, hamburgers, and more!

It's sweet & sassy.. like me. ;)

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks AWESOME Tina, totally made me salivate.. lol.. Great photo too.. I'm so sorry you couldn't link up, did you try where it say's (trouble linking after you try to link..?) that usually brings you to a linky page that you can link along. Please try and let me know if that works for you. I sincerely apologize again - net errors - grrrr..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...this looks YUMMY! I think you might have shared this recipe with me years ago. I don't remember, lol. I'm going to try it again though (or for the 1st time??) -- we love BBQ! Thanks for sharing. : )

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...