Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Monday, November 7, 2011

{Oreo Inside Cupcakes}


What?

It’s not the devil inside… but almost.

Devilishly good though.

Yeah, there’s Oreos inside these cupcakes.

Not like these either.

WHOLE. OREOS. INSIDE.

I kid you not.

Topped with Cookies & Cream Buttercream.

Doesn’t that just roll off your tongue?

Of course, you’ll want it ON your tongue…not rolling off.
O_1
Wanna make some?

Well, you’ll need- I know this is shocking.. but you’ll need…

OREOS.
24 for the Cupcakes & 10 or so for the frosting.

If you want more in your frosting…

Hey, who am I to argue?

  Prep your pans with liners.

Then plop in Oreos

O2

Then… cover with cake batter.

I used French Vanilla.

You could use white, yellow, or… if you are really devilish, chocolate.

Test at 18 minutes. Should take around 20. (consult box)

Once they are done, you won’t even be able to tell that they are withholding information.

Delicious information.

Make your buttercream.

2 sticks butter or margarine softened   
 1 teaspoon vanilla (clear if you’ve got it to keep it whiter)
4 cups powdered sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
2 tablespoons milk
    Then take the extra Oreos and smush them.
    o4
I used my Ninja. You can use a food processor.

Or if you have pent up aggression, you can beat the lil guys to smithereens yourself.

With a rolling pin.

Or a hammer.

Whatevs.

When appropriately smushed, 

o6

mix into your Buttercream.

o7

Then, top your cakes with this yumminess.

If you can keep your fingers out of it long enough.

o3

All that is left to do then is…..
BITE!

Why, HELLO, Oreo!

I love to see people’s expressions when they peel the wrapper off.

What IS that?

IS THAT AN OREO??

Good times, I tell ya, good times.

Tina


*note, since the Oreos take up so much space in the liners, I actually had enough batter left over to make 12 babycakes (aka mini cupcakes), so you may have enough batter to make 3 or 4 more oreo cakes. I was just out of  regular muffin pans.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! Girl, what will you think of next? So good! I just got some of the new Candy Cane Oreos....and I've found my new love :) Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week.

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...