Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Saturday, March 17, 2012

{ Luck O the Irish Pop }



I really wanted to call this Erin Go Braughopcorn, but was afraid I was the only one who would find the humor in that.

Get it? 

No?

That's exactly why I changed the name.

This is another super quicky for St. Patrick's Day.

Just takes a few minutes (plus drying time) and a few ingredients.


You'll need:

2 bags of popcorn 
(a variety that is light on butter)
6 squares of Almond Bark
2 Mint Cookies (Mint Oreos/Grasshoppers/Thin Mints, etc), finely crushed
Andes Mints (I used 6 you can use more), chopped
Assorted Green Sprinkles
Oil


Pop the popcorn. 


I used 1 bag of Pop Secret's Homestyle & 1 bag of 94% fat free (affectionately known in this house as "cardboard corn"). The Homestyle has just a little butter flavor and a little salt, so it gives this mix a buttery/sweet/salty combo.

You can use whatever popcorn you choose, but the heavy butter/movie theater style is not recommended.

Melt your Almond Bark, 30 seconds at a time, in the microwave. Mine took about 1 1/2 minutes to fully melt. Add about 1 Tablespoon of oil and stir until very well blended.

Pour/Spoon over the popcorn. Stir to mix well. 



Sprinkle on the Andes, the cookie crumbs (I used Mint Oreos), and the sprinkles.

You can also use more cookie crumbs than I did, if you wish.

And allow to dry before storing or bagging for gift giving.


You could also throw in chocolate chips, mint chocolate chips, green M&Ms, other small candies.

I didn't have nearly the amount of sprinkles I would have liked, but, it still tastes good!

*note to self, buy green sprinkles

 I hope you enjoy this recipe, which, in my heart will always be Erin Go Braughopcorn.

Have a lucky day!

Tina

1 comment:

  1. it looks like a tastefull popcorn
    text for free at
    http://textme4free.com/

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...