Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Friday, June 22, 2012

{ Cheesy Ranch Potato Wedges }





Lemme just tell ya, people are obsessed with Ranch.

Ranch flavoring that is. I don't think most of America is going out and purchasing thousands of acres and hiring Cowboys.

But ... I could be wrong.

Ranch Dressings, Ranch Chips, Ranch Croutons, Ranch Crackers, Ranch, Ranch, Ranch.
Go to a restaurant and listen to people order dressing. I'm betting a good 75% order Ranch.
I order Vinaigrette. Coloring inside the lines was never my strong suit.

Oh, Hidden Valley, did you KNOW you were creating an obsession?

I think you did.

I host monthly Game Nights here. Mostly, it's teenagers. Shockingly, I'm ok with this. I like these teenagers.

I made these taters up for said Game Night (this month's theme was "I Mustache You A Question").

Here's your line up:

Cheesy Ranch Potato Wedges
8 potatoes, scrubbed clean
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/3 cup oil
salt, pepper
1 to 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese

1-16 oz container Sour Cream
1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix
3/4 cup Milk
Bacon, fried and chopped or Real Bacon Bits
Green Onion (if desired)



These take a while to bake, but they are so easy.

First, scrub up some taters. I did 8 - this is a rather large recipe.


Chop them into wedges, then toss them in 1/3 cup oil.

Mix up 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon seasoned salt. 
Toss in a little regular salt and black pepper.

You can add other seasonings if you like too!

Place wedges on baking sheet lined with parchment (or foil) and sprinkle seasonings over them.
Sprinkle with a bit of dried parsley too (optional)



Bake at 400 F for about 45 minutes or until tender.

While those are baking, make your Ranch Sauce. In a bowl, mix together a 16 oz container of Sour Cream, a Packet of Ranch Dressing Mix, and 3/4 cup milk. Put in fridge until potatoes are done.

When tender, remove potatoes from oven and top with hobgobs of cheese (1-2 cups).


 Return to oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and gooey.

Remove from oven, and top with Ranch sauce.
Pour it all on. Well, pour on at  least 1/2 of it, and save the rest for dipping.

We wouldn't want a ranchless potato. Oh the humanity!

Sprinkle on bacon & green onion, if desired
(no green onion here, not because I don't like it, but because I didn't possess it at the time)


 mmmm... ranchy and gooey



My niece (who is 18) took the leftovers home. All of them. And there were a lot.

Did I mention this is a BIG recipe?

So yummy.

Want. Now.

Have. None.

Sad. Tina.




Credit: this recipe is based off of this one from Oh So Delicioso

4 comments:

  1. You. are. Evil! Oh my gosh. Now I have to print this off and try these and... did I mention you're evil? Holy Hannah, help me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Hannah? LOL, Jamie, you are too funny :) Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm . . . I wish I was eating this right now! Will definitely make soon. :)

    I order ranch for my salad, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these tonight and added some buffalo sauce and they were AMAZING! So yummy! But, then again, I've always said that Ranch makes everything taste better. =)

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...