Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

{ Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies }






Now the real name for these should be:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches.

But I thought better of it.

Last Saturday, after returning from the Bean's auditions for the local summer children's theater, I was sitting here, twiddling my thumbs (or something like that), when this evil idea just fell upon me.

I realize now at this point, that me inventing something new is out of the question. The Googlesphere is too, too full of clever, crafty people. What I'm trying to say, is that someone has probably already came up with this.

Whatevs.

This is what *I* did.

I took our favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie, seen here and filled it with Cookie Dough Buttercream, seen here (*note, be sure to use the Cookie Dough Buttercream recipe, there is also a Cookie Dough Filling in the same post. Don't use that.. that.. wouldn't... work.).

I did add chocolate chips to the Buttercream, which is something I do not do when making the icing for cupcakes.

Just use mini chocolate chips for this. The regular sized ones are too large. I was out of minis and I tried to chop some up, which worked OK. However, the minis would work better.

So, bake up some cookies, whip up some Cookie Dough Buttercream, toss about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in, mix a little more, then, when the cookies are completely cooled, (with a LARGE open tip) pipe the icing on one cookie (or spread with a knife), and top with another.

These were EXTREMELY popular when I took them to Sunday School.

Extremely?

Yes.


Enjoy!

Tina



Shared on 

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! You can totally get your cookie dough craving looking at these. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,
    These look scrumptious! Perfect dessert for summer get together's. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday last week. I can't wait to see what you link up this week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...