Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Monday, June 25, 2012

{ Layered Drinks }


I saw these drinks a long time ago. I want to say it was on a TV show, but I could totes be wrong.

I know, I'm just as shocked as you are, but it's been known to happen a time or two (or a thousand).





They are SO cool. Iknowright?

Easy and so much fun.

And yes, that is a jar. I love jars for drinks. This tall, skinny jar is from my favorite olives.
Mmmm... I love those things a big gooey lot. So much love.

But enough about those little green gems, on to the drinks!

All ya need is this: 

  • Clear glasses- the taller, the better (or jars if you like)
  • Ice, and lots of it
  • drinks with differing sugar contents

You can use more than three, but these were what I had in the house at the time.

Just check the sugar grams on the label.


For these I used:
  • Mt Dew - 46 grams of sugar (YOWTCH!)
  • V8 Splash- 18 grams of sugar
  • Propel- 0 grams of sugar 

The Propel is pretty much clear, so I added a dash of blue food coloring.

Then add your ice, allll the way to the top. 

Pour in your heaviest (aka most sugary) drink.

Mt Dew for me


Then pour in your second heaviest drink, the V8 Spalsh in my case, slowly, and through the ice.


Here is another I did with a tiny bit of the 2nd liquid it in so you can see the separation


I've found it's easiest to pour from something with a spout. I used a measuring cup.


Then, pour in your lightest drink (Propel here), again, slowly, and through the ice. You can add a little more ice before adding the last color if you need too. Make sure it's all the way to the top.


As I said, you can add more layers, just make sure each color has a significant sugar difference and ending with the 0 sugar drink. 



This drink has 100% Bean approval. He may have drank 2 of them.


These are great for summer get togethers, parties, holidays, or.. just whenev, ya know.

The Bean thinks I should make these for our Harry Potter party next month. I think I might could do that.

  Potions anyone?

Tina

P.S. If you haven’t already,  you can ‘like’ my Facebook page here, and follow me on twitter here, and you can follow me on instagram here.





10 comments:

  1. Very neat idea! I've never seen anything like this. We'll have to do this with the kids -- they'll love it!

    Beautiful photography, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this! :) I tried it with Sobe (Cranberry Grapefruit), Gatorade Perform Low-Cal (Glacier Freeze), and VitaminWater Zero (Orange) - and it really worked!!

    I posted a couple of pictures of my attempt, and I linked to your blog and this specific post so my readers could check out your directions for making this:

    http://seasonsofhumility.blogspot.com/2012/06/fun-and-colorful-summer-refreshment.html

    Thanks again! :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, thanks so much for posting your results. I love the pastel colors in your drinks, they are so pretty!

    Those would be great for a tropical party or a bridal/baby shower!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering how to make layered drinks! Thanks! I'm just thinking of all the different color combinations and reasons to use them, wedding showers with bridal colors, Easter, Halloween, loved your potions comment btw : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absloutely fabulous ideas. I never even thought about the differing sugar content in drinks. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this and am linking back to you as I shared it today! :) Thanks for your great post and ideas! :)
    Mackenzie :)
    Cheerios and Lattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this drink and can't wait to try it. You are being featured today at Creative Thursday so stop by and check it out. Thanks for linking up to Creative Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tutorial! I have a rainbow birthday party that I am losing my marbles over and needed a great drink idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sorta worked but still looks kinda cool

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...