Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Thursday, April 25, 2013

{Neapolitan Brownie Bites}



This story has nothing to do with anything Neapolitan. 

It's about my Mamma. That's Mam-maw. My grandmother.

You can read more about her here.

Next Monday, April 28, 2013, she will be 93 years old. Yes, Nintey-Three.

She's a spitfire. I love her sooooo much & when I grow up, I want to be just like her.

On Sunday we are having a cookout for her birthday and I'm making her favorite cake- Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I bought her a huge angel for her garden (3'). She loves angels and gardening, so it seemed like a win win. 

I wish you all could meet her. She's just the best. Ever.

And she's darn funny too!


I took this photo of her in December when she was over. She loves my dogs, Jingle and Luna, who she calls 'boys'. She always says, "Oh, I know they are girls, but I just call them my boys!". Hilarious.

I'm blessed not only to know this incredible lady, but to call her my grandmother.

Wishing her the happiest of birthdays!

Also, I made these.

Like I said, they have nothing to do with my Mamma.

Oh, she'd like them, I know she would, but I just had to dedicate today's post to her!



These little gems are white bottom brownies with strawberry buttercream.



Easy & delicious.

This is the most amazing brownie recipe. It's super easy too. They are moist and fudgey, but they hold together well enough for you to cut them however you like.

For these, I cut the brownie into a circle, dipped in white chocolate, and topped with the icing.


Cause yummy.

Want more Neapolitan? You HAVE to go see the totally adorable (and delish) Neapolitan Sugar Cookies Darla made over at Bakingdom!

Tina

P.S. If you haven’t already,  you can ‘like’ my Facebook page here, and follow me on twitter here, and you can follow me on instagram here.

Neapolitan Brownie Bites

For the brownies:
recipe by Darla @ Bakingdom

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease and flour and 8 x 8 inch glass baking pan.

Combine the cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl; put aside.

In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Once butter is melted, remove from heat and whisk in the sugar until combined. One at a time, add the eggs, mixing well after each. Stir in the vanilla. Whisk in the dry ingredients until well combined. Pour into the prepared pan.

Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs clinging to it. Allow brownies to cool completely before dipping/icing.


After allowing brownies to totally cool, cut into desired shape & dip the bottoms in melted white chocolate. Place on parchment paper/wax paper/foil to dry.

When dry, top with Strawberry Buttercream.


For the Strawberry Buttercream:
Recipe by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers

1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup finely crushed berries
1 Tablespoon heavy cream OR 1 Tablespoon melted and lightly cooled white chocolate

Beat butter until fluffy. Add powered sugar and mix well. Beat in the heavy cream, or melted chocolate*. (If using chocolate, be sure to add it WHILE the mixer is going.)  Add in the berries. Mix until combined.

 *the wateriness of the berries tends to 'break' the buttercream. The heavy cream or melted chocolate will bind it back together.

4 comments:

  1. Those brownies bites are the cutest! And your Mam-maw (I had one of those too!) is even cuter than the confections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could these be cuter?? I love that rosette of frosting on top. Beautiful!

    And seriously? Your mam-maw...the cutest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love neapolitan! and they are so cute, as is your grams! happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, happy birthday to her!! 93, she's still young. :) These bites are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...