Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Sunday, March 23, 2014

{ Coffee House Cupcakes }


I hate my phone company.

I'm one of the few people left in the world that has that archaic thing known as a 'land line'. Ever heard of it? It's the kind of phone your granny used, remember now?

For the last 3 weeks we've had static on our line. Not just a little buzz buzz, but static so loud you can hear nothing else. This also makes our DSL go out. Look, no one messes with my internet. I need things. I must talk to people. I must window shop at Amazon. I must research things. I. MUST. This is important lifing, people!

I've called the phone company 4 different times. Twice they've been out to 'fix' it. Whenever he shows up, nothing is wrong. Why you mess with me Gods of the Phone Line? What did I ever do but love you?

The other day, I called and they were too overloaded to take my call. Please press one to have an operator call you back.

It went something like this:

Presses One

Thank you for calling Your Crappy Phone Company, have a great day...

Dial Tone (well, cells don't have dial tone, but I'm adding it for dramatic effect)

TINA HULK RAGE

Yesterday I called back again, and they won't be here to fix my, nearly month old, problem for three days.

You know those moments in life when you just NEED a cupcake? Not WANT a cupcake. NEED.

Yeah. This was one of them.


These are what I like to call Coffee House Cupcakes. They are infused with coffee and cinnamon and topped with a chai buttercream. Just to top it all, I added a little grated chocolate to the tops... Because.

I LOVE chai. If you do too, solider on with me.


If you've never had Chai, well, it's spicy. Almost a little fall like in flavor. A good chai latte can totally make my day. I'm easy like that.


A chai latte doesn't actually have coffee in it, but I added just a bit to the cupcakes to really bring out the chocolate flavor.

I may have eaten two of these the other day after my Hulk Rage.

It may have happened.

Tina

Want MORE coffee house style treats? You KNOW you do! Head over to my friend Darla's place at Bakingdom and check out her amazing Espresso Cookie Butter Rice Crispy Treats! YUM-MAY.



Coffee House Cupcakes
by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers

Preheat oven to 350* F

Prepare  tins with cupcake liners

For the cupcakes:
1 box dark chocolate cake mix
Ingredients listed on box to make the cake, less 1/4 cup water
1/4 cup brewed and cooled coffee
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix cake according to box, except use 1/4 cup of coffee in place of 1/4 cup of the water.
Add in cinnamon, beat until distributed.

Scoop into liners and bake according to box


For the Buttercream:
2 sticks butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2-4 Tablespoons brewed and chilled chai tea

Beat butter on high for about 3 minutes. Slowly add in powdered sugar and salt, beat until well combined. Add the vanilla and mix. Starting with 2 tablespoons, mix in the chai tea. If too thick add more, a little at a time until you reach desired consistency.




1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your phone company, but at least you have these delicious cupcakes to ease the pain, am I right? Chocolate and chai are a match made in heaven.I made the mistake of looking at your blog right now, and have to wait two or three days to make them. I'm in the car on the way to get my wisdom teeth out. 😩
    ~Maya :):

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...