Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Friday, June 27, 2014

{ Happy Birthday, Dobby! Butterbeer Mini Cake}



Today is the birthday of one of my favorite characters in the Potterverse.

Dobby the House Elf.

Now, let me tell you a little secret. When Dobby first arrived in Chamber of Secrets Ididntlikehim.

What? C'mon. I am NOT alone here. He was a weird little annoying thing cause Harry all sorts of issues. I actually feared he was the Jar Jar Binks of the Wizarding World. Once he made it to the screen, I was even LESS convinced. However, time wore on, pages were read, love was built, tears were shed.

I apologize, deeply, and fully, dear Dobby. I'm sorry I thought such things of you. You were brave and loyal. You'd be a true Gryffindor. So, I made you some cake. It's Butterbeer flavor AND House Elf sized!!


I made this cake with a set of 4" Wilton pans. They come in a pack of three. Each pan takes about the same amount as 2 cupcakes. So, basically, this cake is 6 cupcakes big.

I used the rest of the batter to make cupcakes, because why not?



Happy Birthday, little guy! Tonight I raise a glass of Butterbeer to toast in your honor.

Want more Happy Birthdays to Dobby? Check out Darla's from last year! Butterbeer Krispy Cake!

Tina

See all of my Harry Potter recipes here.

See my Harry Potter Parties here and here!


House Elf Sized Butterbeer Cake

by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers

Needed: 4" Wilton pans (comes in set of 3)
Butterbeer Cake & Butterbeer Icing recipe

3 comments:

  1. So cute, and looks yum! And I totally know what you mean about Dobby in CoS- he was just so frustrating! But HP characters really have a way of growing on you :)
    ~Maya :):

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I really really hope your Luna finds her way back home soon :( I have a feeling she will.
    ~Maya :):

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you felt about Dobby exactly what Jo wanted you to feel. I totally cried when he died. Love that guy!

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...